- October 23, 2023
Who are we looking for?
To handle account management duties, we are seeking an account director. The Account Director oversees all the client accounts and makes sure they are profitable and expanding. They take responsibility for the delivery of quality creative work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problems and must champion that work. They will do this by managing their own team well. They will regularly be involved with pitches for new business, taking both a creative and a commercial stance. An excellent account director is very skilled at creating and sustaining connections with clients. Additionally, they are outstanding leaders and planners who can guide and organize account managers and executives. Account Directors will report to the Managing Director.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Leading client accounts within the company, with overall responsibility for the client relationship.
- Working with planners to challenge and probe client briefs in order to create communications briefs that effectively and responsibly address business objectives.
- Assisting the account planner in developing creative briefs, directing the strategic creation of creative work, and successfully presenting and pitching this to clients.
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Identifying, developing and converting new business opportunities with existing and future clients.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of team members.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as an Account Director for at least 2 years, with MBA or equivalent degree in Marketing.
- Sound understanding of progress budgeting and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Great leadership and organizational skills.
- Unafraid to take charge when necessary, be decisive and then build support for those decisions.
- Responsible and accountable for their work as well as that of others, capable of distributing tasks to balance a complex and demanding workload,and appreciates that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual.
- Good at evaluating creative work; able to give and receive feedback to support its development.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how advertising contributes to its success.